Friday, October 29, 2010

Hmong/Miao Punk


I love Pucca. One of my favorite characters is Ching. I drew a fan art pix of Ching wearing a Hmong Chinese outfit. She usually has a cute chicken on top of her head. In my picture she is wearing Miao Silver horns. Isn't she so cute?




I've been to too many Anime Conventions where people cosplay from their favorite Anime character to even cosplaying as a bowl of Ramen Noodle. One of my favorite looks is Visual Kei. Visual Kei is a style influenced by Japanese Rock/Punk bands. I wanted to take a picture that had a Hmong Punk look. I painted one of my old Miao hats and necklaces a bright pink. My older sister ripped up an old dress... we had Jessica and Angel model for us. They are wearing my reaver claws. My sister snapped a few shots and this is the outcome.



I plan on making my own Miao silver hat in the future. I have so many ideas on how I want it to look. It will definately be steam punk infulenced. It will be quite a project but I can't to see the outcome.


I usually dress up in a Miao outfit when selling the things I make at the Anime Conventions. It attracts people to the table. I am planning to wear the pink hat and necklace at the next one!



1 comment:

  1. Came by to browse around and found a cute animation of the Hmong design. Was wondering if I can post it onto my blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete